For retailers, Google’s Shopping Insights tool is one of the most useful tools that help them identify where those customers who are looking for their products and what devices they are using (that is, laptops or mobile phones).
Shopping Insights is similar to Google Trends, but it focuses on Google Shopping, which is the product comparison search engine. It is a search trend that displays what local shoppers are searching for the most online. It breaks down the search query data by products, cities and devices.
Therefore, if a certain retailer has a store in that area, such insights will give them the idea on how to plan their marketing campaigns and promotions. According to Google, over 87% of shoppers search for information before they go to a store. Meanwhile, 79% of them while visiting a store and 35% after visiting a store.
With these, retailers should be one step ahead of the consumers in order to be able to fulfill their needs.
Types of information that consumers search online
Here are the various types of information that consumers most likely consider when they search for a particular product online:
- Price of the item at the nearest store
- Details about local stores such as the opening hours and contact details
- Availability of stock at the nearest store locations
- How to get to the nearest store that carries the product
- Other related products that are available in nearby stores
Thus, when presenting your ads, it is important to include these information and also in content that appears on organic search results and on your website, too.
Benefits of Google Shopping Insights Tool
The following are the benefits of Google Shopping Insights Tool:
- Enables you to measure consumer interest in a product at country, state, region, and city level
- You are able to compare product demand across different geographic areas
- Information on mobile and desktop use can help you plan appropriate campaigns
- You can also compare product demand during different shopping seasons