Searching the web is the most productive and fastest way to look for products and pricing. Enquiro has recorded survey study on how search engines works in B2B transactions.
B2B transactions are different from many consumer transactions since coordination among different personnel prior to the final transaction is necessary in making decisions. Thus, it has ongoing process between product research and placements of orders.
About 1500 participants of a study entitled, “The Role of Search in Business in Business Buying Decisions” answered 40 questions from a pre-validated survey
The following are some of the important key points of the study:
- Results show that 93.2 % of the participants said they would look for the purchase online.
- While, 95.5 % of participants said that they would use a search engine at some point in this task.
- Then, 63.9 %t of participants preferred a search engine over industry portals like consumer review sites, e-commerce sites, manufacturer’s sites in seeking information.
- When budget increased, industry portals and manufacturers’ sites were preferred as a place to start. While, 86.9 percent of participants responded that they would visit a search engine after visiting those mentioned sites.
The following are some important conclusions of the study:
- Search engines greatly affect B2B purchases.
- Search engines are used in purchasing in the earlier or middle part of researching.
- Google is the most frequently used search engine.
- One to two months before purchasing, research takes place in the research engine.
- It’s important to balance coherent and paid search.
- Getting a position is important.
- Greater number of users thinks of particular lists in scanning the page.
Important points should be regarded. First, is to make sure that websites are properly optimized for best positioning in search results. Second, SEO/SEM should be also a user-friendly marketing tool.